South Asian Network of Community Media
SANCOM is a virtual network of like-minded community media organisations, activists, researchers with the following objectives:
- To promote community media in the South Asia region, so as to create and sustain a democratic and pluralistic media environment;
- To foster the growth of alternative, citizen’s media in order to amplify grassroots community voices;
- To encourage access, especially that of marginalized communities, to technologies of representation and, thereby, uphold their right to communicate;
- To use communication for development within a participatory framework, such that people’s knowledge and their capacities are valued and recognized;
- To connect with progressive social movements involved in wider struggles for people’s rights for equity and social justice.
The network is supported by: